Yesterday morning, ReadyPing™ sent an email to their customers (current and former) announcing that, effective September 10, 2011, their service would no longer be available for use. We would like to take this opportunity to wish the ReadyPing team well and to publicly acknowledge their role in pioneering the digital waitlist industry. We would especially like to address you, the existing ReadyPing™ Restaurant customers affected by this news.
If you are a restaurant subscriber of ReadyPing, this news is surprising, greatly impacts your business, and now requires prompt action on your part to prevent any breakdown in the level of service and convenience that you currently provide to your guests; at TapGuest, we want to help you thru this difficult time and have the opportunity to earn your business.
While we are shocked by their announcement for nostalgic reasons, we simply do not agree with the last portion of their email in which ReadyPing claims that short codes are more capable of handling messaging volume than long codes (fancy word for telephone number). We felt it was our duty, in good conscience, to provide you with some straightforward rebuttal information for you to consider while you choose the provider who will replace ReadyPing™ at your restaurant. We hope that you will choose TapGuest™ and here are just a few of the many reasons why:
1. Each Restaurant is assigned a unique TapGuest telephone number (long code) that belongs exclusively to that location, making it easy for your guests to save your TapGuest number in their contacts for easy access and self-service SMS functionality - you can’t do this with a shortcode.
1a. Short codes are incapable of voice response functionality, a key feature of TapGuest.com. In addition, Short codes can only support a limited number of keywords, and are primarily used for blast marketing campaigns rather than person to person/business to person 2 way communication - TapGuest is a platform built to enhance your business to guest 2 way communication.
2. TapGuest is 100% powered by the leading cloud communications provider, offering virtually unlimited message capacity for your TapGuest number, even during your busiest times - we are mobile carrier agnostic, and TapGuest numbers can, and do process staggering numbers of incoming and outgoing messages simultaneously daily.
3. TapGuest is priced exactly the same as ReadyPing™, except that we only charge you for the actual messages you use, after you use them. No pre-paid messaging bundles, no reloading, and most importantly, no running out of message credits.
3a. Short codes, especially exclusive ones, are extremely costly, ranging between $1000-$3000 per month, and shared short codes can cost well over $500/month just for the shared right to use that short code.
3b. Shared short codes, like the one used by ReadyPing for all customers and messaging, are not unique to your location or your brand - why would you want to publicize a short code that may also be shared by your competition?
4. No Contracts or long term commitments. At TapGuest.com, we believe we have to earn your business every month, so we refuse to require you to sign any long term contracts - your subscription to TapGuest is month to month, and you can cancel at anytime.
5. 100% iPad ready - TapGuest is the only digital waitlist solution built exclusively for the iPad with nothing to download or install. Other services claim to be iPad ready because you can view their software via the browser, but only TapGuest is 100% formatted and optimized (behind the scenes) for use on the iPad and iPad 2. Sure, TapGuest also works on most desktop and laptop computers too, but the iPad is flexible, portable and easy to use with a 10 hour battery and no physical installation or construction concerns.
Those are just a few of the many reasons to choose TapGuest™, but in order to make the transition even easier, we would like to offer all existing and former ReadyPing Restaurant customers this special:
Sign up today for TapGuest™ service for a special low price of only $10.00/month* thru December 31, 2011! A savings of $156.00!
And, if you still have a message balance in your ReadyPing account, we will even credit your TapGuest™ account for your pre-paid ReadyPing™ messages** so you won’t have to lose your previous investment, all you need to do is send us proof of your current ReadyPing™ message credit balance. Please note that we are not working with ReadyPing in any capacity, nor are we being reimbursed by them in any way for this offer; we simply want to make it as easy as possible for all of the restaurants and guests impacted by this announcement to transition from ReadyPing to TapGuest™ service. In the process, we hope to exceed your expectations and earn your trust for a long time to come.
If you give us the opportunity, we are confident that you will discover what our growing customer base already knows - that TapGuest™ is simply the very best restaurant waitlist solution available today; TapGuest is Waiting Made Easy!
To take advantage of this special offer, please email email@example.com or call 877-753-4699. We look forward to hearing from you, and to earning your business.
To find out what TapGuest can do for your restaurant, please visit us at http://www.tapguest.com.
Waiting Made Easy™
*plus $.05cents per message, monthly.
** up to 1000 messages, one time only, credited to first monthly billing. Proof of existing ReadyPing™ message credits required.
Offer good for new TapGuest customers only and expires September 30, 2011.